Mental Health Counselor
The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center, Inc. (CPC) is an agency comprised of clinicians and criminal justice professionals who operate specialized sex offender management and treatment programs in many locations throughout the United States.
We are currently seeking California State Licensed or License eligible clinicians for full and/or part-time positions. Masters Required.
· Experience working with sexually abusive adults or youth with sexual behavior problems preferred but not required.
· OR experience working with Substance Abuse, Domestic Violence, Addiction or long term mental health counselor wanting to get into the field of sex offender counseling
· Clinicians must be willing to pursue Sex Offense Treatment Provider Certification through the California Sex Offender Management Board
· Training and Experience hours will be provided with CPC
· Excellent pay
Experience and Skills of the Mental Health Professional
· Experience providing treatment and assessment to forensic clients in a secure or outpatient setting.
· Ability to work closely with Probation and Parole
· Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in an independent setting, with strong organization skills and rigorous attention to detail.
· Willingness to follow agency protocols and participate in weekly training/supervision calls with CPC Clinical Supervision staff
· Understanding and experience in risk management when working in an outpatient setting
· Commitment to professional development
· Ability to make no less than a 6 month commitment to work in a specific location
· CBT, DBT and motivational interviewing a plus
Preferential Qualifications for the Mental Health Professional
· Masters Required in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related degree
· Certified Practitioner Status from the California Sex Offender Management Board (www.casomb.org, under Certification for criteria and applications)
· Experience providing Sex Offender Treatment to adults or adolescents.
· Forensic outpatient treatment experience with substantial focus on group facilitation.
· Bilingual a plus
· CCOSO membership
Interested in Applying? Please send email to: email@example.com
Learn more at our website: The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center, Inc.
SHARPER FUTURE, a well-established forensic mental health agency, is seeking qualified professionals to fill a number of staff positions in the San Francisco Bay Area (Oakland and San Jose), Los Angeles and the Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino).
SHARPER FUTURE is a multi-site, fast-paced organization led and staffed by professionals who provide an array of “forensic” assessment and rehabilitative treatment services. Such services are tailored to meet the needs of those who have become involved in the criminal justice system and are delivered in accord with the requirements of the supervising agencies. Learn more at www.SHARPERFUTURE.com.
Staff clinicians work independently as a part of an agency team providing specialized “rehabilitative” forensic mental health services to various challenging, criminal-justice involved populations. The current position openings primarily entail delivering outpatient assessment and treatment services (individual and group) to adult sex offenders who are under parole or probation supervision. Conducting intakes, writing reports, providing focused individual and group therapy sessions and collaborating with parole agents and probation officers are the core job responsibilities.
Staff members receive - and also provide - supervision and formalized trainings. Although services follow the structures of agency protocols and curricula, effective delivery relies heavily on the therapeutic skill, creativity and relationship-building abilities of staff members. Full-time and part-time positions are available immediately for qualified applicants.
SHARPER FUTURE offers a competitive compensation package including medical and vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Benefit eligibility depends upon hours worked and some positions may not be eligible for company sponsored benefits. SHARPER FUTURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Experience Requirements
Only individuals who clearly meet the following requirements should apply.
- California status as a Licensed mental health provider (i.e. Ph.D., Psy.D., MFT, LCSW, ASW). [Out of state applicants need to determine whether they can meet California licensure requirements.] Exceptionally well-qualified Post-Doctoral or other post-degree pre-license applicants may be considered.
- At least one year of forensic assessment and treatment experience
- Excellent organizational skills including managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Above-average attention to detail and to compliance with established protocols
- Ability to work well on a team and flexibility with respect to managing change
- Proven and demonstrable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sufficient self-confidence to tolerate working with a challenging population
- Effective self-care habits and a healthy sense of humor
- Personal dedication to the goal of preventing future sexual victimization
- Commitment to continuously gaining increased expertise in this specialized field through independent study, training and professional association memberships
Preference will be given to candidates who also bring the following qualifications:
- Current Certification by the California Sex Offender Management Board (CASOMB) or the current ability to meet the requirements for such Certification ( www.CASOMB.org )
- Experience providing assessment and treatment to adult sex offenders
- Significant experience as a successful group therapist
- Substance abuse treatment experience
- Two years or more of experience providing forensic treatment
- Experience providing supervision to other clinicians
To be considered for an interview, please send a cover letter, a resume and your salary requirements. The cover letter should explain why you are qualified for the position and should briefly review how each of the “Minimum” and, if applicable, “Preferred” requirements listed above has been met. Experience claims should be evidenced in your resume and must be otherwise verifiable as needed.
Please also indicate briefly how you became aware of this job opportunity.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the basic qualifications to fill the position.
Send applications to: jobs@SHARPERFUTURE.com
ADDITIONAL NOTE: SHARPER FUTURE San Francisco Bay Area offers a Post-Doctoral Fellowship training program. Forensically-oriented Post-Doctoral candidates may apply. Please forward a letter of intent, resume, three letters of recommendation and a redacted, clinical writing sample to jobs@SHARPERFUTURE.com
We are expanding our program in Southern California and have a number of employment opportunities in several geographic areas. If you are interested in joining our experienced and professional team, we have a minimum set of requirements for a clinical position with our agency.
- California State license as a mental health professional (Clinical Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT); Post graduate degree, CA registered Interns may be considered for part-time or full-time positions if they meet other important knowledge, skill and ability criteria.
- CA Sex Offender Management Board Certification at the Apprentice, Associate or Independent Level; Uncertified applicants may be considered if they meet the qualifications to become certified, see www.casomb.org for more details.
- Must be able to pass background checks, willing to take a CA live scan, and annual tuberculosis test.
Knowledge, Relevant Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have training and experience in Forensic Psychology and some experience working with sex offenders in an evidence-based treatment program (SOTP). A commitment to ending sexual violence, and ability to work collaboratively on a high performance team of similarly dedicated professionals are important attributes for successful candidates. Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and flexibility and focus are critical skills for this work environment. Must be able to demonstrate competency in providing group and individual psychotherapy sessions, facilitate a curriculum-based treatment program, and experience in administration and interpretation of psychological testing along with proficiency in diagnosis, assessments, and treatment plan development and updating.
- Bilingually fluent in Spanish with Minimum Professional Proficiency, seehttp://careers.state.gov/gateway/lang_prof_def.html
- Certified SARATSO (State Authorized Risk Assessment Tool for Sex Offenders) Scorer on the Level of Service/Case management inventory (LS/CMI), Static-99R & Stable-2007/Acute-2007, See http://www.saratso.org/index.cfm?pid=465
- Abel Assessment for Sexual Interest-3 & Abel-Blasingame Assessment System for individuals with intellectual disabilities. http://abelscreening.com/products/evaluation-treatment-planning/
If you are interested in applying for a position in one of our clinics, please submit a resume, cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications, and any additional relevant information about your skills and experience along with your availability and salary requirements to: Recruiting@AnewTherapeuticServices.com