All Member agencies of CCOSO may submit job openings.
Psychological Internship in San Francisco Bay Area
San Francisco Forensic Institute (SFFI) is a state-of-the-art sexual offender and forensic mental health treatment/assessment program. SFFI is a subsidiary of the Blue Rock Institute, which provides intervention for non-forensic, at-risk individuals, and those with problematic sexual behavior.
We are seeking a graduate student intern to provide individual, couples, and group therapy and conduct intake assessments primarily for adults. They would also need to attend a weekly staff meeting. Please visit our website www.sffi.us for more information. Our office is located in San Francisco, and we conduct remote therapy sessions. This position is on a per-service basis and unpaid.
Applicants should be in the process of completing their Master’s Degree and in need of meeting the requirement for supervised therapy. They will receive supervision from an experienced and licensed clinician. Ideally, applicants will possess a CASOMB certification as a sexual offender treatment provider.
We are looking for motivated individuals with excellent writing, communication, and clinical skills. We pride ourselves in providing top-quality work and holding high expectations for continued growth in the work we do through collaboration and training. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Michael Scheerer at email@example.com
Anew Therapeutic Services, Inc.
We are expanding our program in Southern California and have a number of employment opportunities in several geographic areas. If you are interested in joining our experienced and professional team, we have a minimum set of requirements for a clinical position with our agency.
- California State license as a mental health professional (Clinical Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT); Post graduate degree, CA registered Interns may be considered for part-time or full-time positions if they meet other important knowledge, skill and ability criteria.
- CA Sex Offender Management Board Certification at the Apprentice, Associate or Independent Level; Uncertified applicants may be considered if they meet the qualifications to become certified, see www.casomb.org for more details.
- Must be able to pass background checks, willing to take a CA live scan, and annual tuberculosis test.
Knowledge, Relevant Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have training and experience in Forensic Psychology and some experience working with sex offenders in an evidence-based treatment program (SOTP). A commitment to ending sexual violence, and ability to work collaboratively on a high performance team of similarly dedicated professionals are important attributes for successful candidates. Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and flexibility and focus are critical skills for this work environment. Must be able to demonstrate competency in providing group and individual psychotherapy sessions, facilitate a curriculum-based treatment program, and experience in administration and interpretation of psychological testing along with proficiency in diagnosis, assessments, and treatment plan development and updating.
- Bilingually fluent in Spanish with Minimum Professional Proficiency, seehttp://careers.state.gov/gateway/lang_prof_def.html
- Certified SARATSO (State Authorized Risk Assessment Tool for Sex Offenders) Scorer on the Level of Service/Case management inventory (LS/CMI), Static-99R & Stable-2007/Acute-2007, See http://www.saratso.org/index.cfm?pid=465
- Abel Assessment for Sexual Interest-3 & Abel-Blasingame Assessment System for individuals with intellectual disabilities. http://abelscreening.com/products/evaluation-treatment-planning/
If you are interested in applying for a position in one of our clinics, please submit a resume, cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications, and any additional relevant information about your skills and experience along with your availability and salary requirements to: Recruiting@AnewTherapeuticServices.com